Friday, November 19, 2010

FIRST DAY HIGH!

After 2 months of being a bummer, I was able to practice my profession, Registered Nurse, last November 15, 2010. I work in a government hospital as a Volunteer Nurse. 

I was so nervous last Sunday to the point that I was not able to sleep well because it will just be hours away before I'll wear my white uniform and be on duty again. My last duty as a student was February, 2010. It's been 8-9 months not seeing charts, medication cards, etc. I think being nervous the day before is just normal, eh? :)

MY FIRST DAY AT WORK -- I woke up at around 5:30 am and finished preparing at around quarter to seven :) that long huh? haha. My duty starts at 7am and ends at 3 in the afternoon. The first task was to go on rounds with the doctor, bringing the charts and checking IVF level. Afterwards, the staff was giving me things to do, doing errands for them like removing the IV of the patient, giving discharge plans, giving meds, etc. 
I was ask to give a chart at the Operating Room, since my aunt was working there, I have no problems in locating the OR, and when I was about to give the chart, my aunt ask me if I want to assist in the operation, I could not say no. The operation went smoothly, then we ate lunch. I went back to Nurse's Station since I'm originally assigned on the ward but few minutes after, I was being called by the midwife saying i'll assist again with 2 consecutive operations. THAT WAS HELLA TIRING! eventhough the operation was not toxic, the toxic part was assisting in two CONSECUTIVE operation plus one in the morning. 30 minutes overtime on the first day! But definitely, I enjoyed the experience considering that many volunteer nurses would like to assist in the OR. I was lucky enough I guess :) 

WHAT A FIRST DAY!

xoxo. malditacath.

No comments:

Post a Comment